We like to work with smart, dynamic, fun people, and so do our clients.
If you enjoy deadlines, surprising people with innovative ideas and have a positive attitude you’ll fit right in.
We’re savvy, connected professionals who like to work smart and hard. If you’d like to learn more about working for Playbook please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Senior Strategist, Public Affairs, Playbook
Location: Toronto or Ottawa Canada
Position: Full-time, Mid-Senior level
At Playbook, we look for professionals who can move comfortably between the worlds of government and media, policy and communications.
Working with a team of consultants on public relations and government relations projects, this position is responsible for:
- Playing a central role at Playbook, helping to lead, plan and execute public relations, public affairs and government relations programs for our clients.
- Leading projects and building client trust and confidence.
- Managing client relationships and budgets effectively.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, willing to be a mentor.
- Willing to work enthusiastically with senior members to grow our business. Participating in the new business development process from brainstorming to pitching and able to draw on good relationships with client-side executives.
- Successful professional with five or more years experience in public affairs, government relations, public relations, past media, political staffing and/or agency experience preferred.
- Great understanding of Canadian federal, provincial and municipal government processes.
- Experience working with Queen’s Park press gallery, Canadian Parliamentary press gallery and other key Ontario media preferred.
- A network of government and political professionals across multiple jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing creative solutions to solve client problems.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in business development situations – whether it’s networking, planning or presenting to potential clients.
- Strong communications and strategic planning skills. Budget management experience.
- Strong knowledge of social media. Enthusiastic, detail oriented. Strong writing skills essential. Proficiency with relevant computer software and excellent online skills required.
Playbook is a public affairs agency that helps leading organizations tell their stories. Based in Toronto and Ottawa, Playbook manages the perception of brands and issues among the people our clients care about most.
Playbook’s team sets it apart. We’re a smart, dynamic group of modern professionals. We know politics and government and how to work with traditional and social media. We love all things digital, can run research to answer the big questions and supply meaningful monitoring tools.
Our collective experience ensures our counsel makes a difference: we’ve worked at all three levels of government, on political campaigns big and small, in the country’s newsrooms, and in some of Canada’s largest companies.
To pursue this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org